Why All The Love Stuff?

In my lifetime I have been well versed in the deterioration of the human condition on this earth. My eyes have witnessed and my hands have practiced misgivings. I am no poet nor sage or anyone who possesses any secrets to living a better life. All I know is that on this sphere pain ruminates in the hearts and minds of us all.

No swipe of the pen wipes pain away. No sonnet written or sung can fully give remedy for all the hurt people experience. It makes me sad where instead I should be angry. For anger is less debilitating than sadness.

Whether you believe in God or not I think it safe to say that me referencing the Bible can explain my point. In Christianity there are certain tenets. One of which says that the Lord should be feared. Feared, of course, because he is God. Yet also because God himself is a vengeful God. The Bible goes as far as to say God gets angry. Angry, however, because God experiences great sadness in his own creation.

My friends, if you don’t like or believe in God I still care for you. Whether it’s because God doesn’t make sense to you or that you don’t like the idea of giving control of your actions in light of being a better “Godly” person, I understand. What God and the Bible, from my view, express is that sorrow is better dealt with with anger rather than sadness. It’s obvious. Anger shows disdain rather than hopelessness.

It even plainly states in the Bible that in your anger do not sin. In some ways giving anger a free pass in some situations. Like I said I have no solution for all the pain in the world. Mainly because there is none. All I know is that pain makes us kin. Pain gives us something in common. At no time or place will the whole world unite hands and sing kumbaya.

I just want you guys to know I am sad sometimes. I want you to know I get angry. I want you to know that to me that both anger and sadness are forgivable; if not also makes us more human. Every time I read a post I absorb your mind’s eye. When I read what you write I see joy, pain, anger and sadness. As well as a great many other feelings. Some that which I can relate and some I can’t. Never the less I want you, my friends, to know I understand.

I can’t read everyone’s poetry. I can’t read everyone’s articles. The one’s I do read I “like” them. When I do I am saying I understand. So understand me please when I say I hurt for you whom hurt. I cry with you who cry. My heart exists beneath tumult the likes of which are only beheld in a hurricane.

So I write about the one thing that I escape to time and time again. The love I have or have had in life. Because love is pure. Because love is my remedy. I may seem some swooning playboy but I am not. So I leave you with this. Find your remedy. Find the art of your heart and give yourself to the real. Or give yourself to your magic potion that you swallow down to help you sleep at night. Because the night, as the world, is dark and unforgiving let us forgive the forgivable and appreciate the power we all possess.

10 Comments Add yours

1. sbailey says:

I like your message! Very much! Jared you are a gentleman and in my experience never inappropriate!:)

Liked by 2 people

1. Cool. Thanks for that. It’s just the way I vent. 😊

Liked by 1 person

1. sbailey says:

Actually I do the same!:)

Liked by 1 person

2. kristianw84 says:

YES!!!!!! I love this!!! New favorite! πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•

Liked by 1 person

1. Thanks Weigman! 🀘

3. kristianw84 says:

Reblogged this on Life Lessons From Around the Dinner Table and commented:
    I don’t reblog posts very often, & it’s not because I don’t think they are worth sharing, but if i shared every post I liked or felt was worthy of a share I would never post any of my own content, however; every now & then I come across a post where I feel compelled to share it because I think the entire world needs to read it. Tonight, I came across one of those posts. I have talked about Jared & his phenomenal blog before, but tonight he really hit the nail on the head. This is his remedy, but in a world so full of hate I believe his message tonight is important. If you follow me on Instagram than you may have seen a quote I shared yesterday to honor Martin Luther King Jr. A man I have nothing but the utmost respect & admiration for. That quote is “Darkness cannot drive out darkness, only light can do that; hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that.” Jared’s message falls in line with MLK’s quote. Jared has also gained my respect & admiration as both writer & man. So please, read this powerful post, check out his other work (his poetry is so heartfelt,) leave him some love, & send him my regards, because in a world so full of hate, it’s important that we spread the love!

Love & life lessons,
    Kristian

Liked by 1 person

1. Awe Kristian! You are awesome girl!!

1. kristianw84 says:

Thanks, you’re awesome too!! πŸ˜ƒ

Liked by 1 person

4. Laura Beth says:

I found your post by way of Kristian. Thank you for sharing this powerful, poignant message!

Liked by 1 person

1. I’m glad you like it and thank you for reading. Yeah, Kristian (Or as I sometime refer to her as “Weigman”πŸ˜‰) is a good friend. Thanks again.